Aquaponics as a great way to produce food
It has always been a challenge to develop sustainable food resources to meet the needs of a growing population.
Fresh water is not readily available in urban areas and that also applies to land and other resources needed to produce food.
A solution to this problem is aquaponics and especially in its reduced form, which can be used in the own backyard.
Aquaponics is a technology that combines the cultivation of fish, known as aquaculture with the water-based cultivation of plants, which is referred to as hydroponics.
It allows efficient production of fish and vegetables, because it is based on the symbiotic relationship between plants and fish.
With Aquaponics people can bring plants and fish together in a natural balance. When the two are combined, they compensate for their negative aspects.
How does Aquaponics work?
In an aquaponic system the fish live in a pond and their waste supplies nutrients for plants. The plants filter the water in the pond on the other side. The plants and fish can be regularly harvested to supply vegetables and meat for humans.
Fish water rich in nutrients is pumped from the pond into gravel beds with growing plants. The plants extract nutrients from the water. The water is then oxygenated and depleted of nutrients before being discharged back to the pond.
Plant cuttings can also be compost to create food for earthworms, which in turn provide food for the fish.
Aquaponics, therefore, can grow a permanent stock of vegetables and fish in your backyard. It does not involve the use of chemicals and does not contain any waste products.
It also uses only about 1/10 of the water needed to grow vegetables normally.
Benefits of Aquaponics
Although aquaponics is in its development stage, it has enormous potential.
These are the main advantages of this system.
It uses less than two percent of the water used in conventional farming methods.
It is energy efficient because it consumes 1/10 of the electricity used in traditional farming.
It produces 8 to 10 times more vegetables than those produced in the same area and at the same time using traditional farming methods.
Aquaponics systems can also eradicate mosquitoes in a huge area.
It is fully scalable from the internal structure of the backyard or interior systems to complete company structures.
It is free of dirt, unadulterated and natural. Everyone can learn how to make an aquaponic system. Plants in aquaponics systems achieve an accelerated growth rate.
Getting started with Aquaponics
To succeed with aquaponics, there are certain things that you need to know. The first thing is that the water quality is important for the growth of fish. You have to make sure that the water in which you fish is always clean.
If you do not do this, it is similar to not watering your plants in the dry season.
Another important thing to do when you start with aquaponics is to think about the kind of fish to be cultivated. This depends on your geographical location and the regulations or laws in the state in which you live.
The common fish breeds that are grown in aquaponics are channel cat fish and tilapia.
The other important thing to consider is to grow the plants. Aquaponics do well with leaf crops such as spinach, lettuce and herbs, although they are not limited to this.
The reason why foliage plants do well in aquaponic systems is that the water usually contains large amounts of nitrogen. It is also essential to know how to efficiently care for the fish.
Ideally, you should use fish meal as the main food source because it will keep the fish healthy and fast growing.
With good quality fish food, your plants can get all the nutrients they need to grow healthy. You also have to draw up a schedule for feeding the fish.
A feeding schedule of two to six times a day is ideal because they will grow quickly. You can also use an automatic feeder.
Another important thing to do when practicing aquaponics is to keep the water at a pH of about 6.5 to 7.0. A pH higher than 7.0 is acid for plants.
Easy DIY Aquaponics Review:
After researching reviews of different aquaponics systems, I came across Easy DIY Aquaponics. The man behind this unique collection is an organic garden lover Andrew Endres.
Easy DIY Aquaponics is a user-friendly do-it-yourself method. By using Andrew’s methods, you will grow 100% organic food 4 times faster than with conventional methods.
I will present you some benefits of Easy DIY Aquaponics.
1) After you have set up this system, 95% of the work is completed. You will be able to sit back, enjoy and be able to witness your own food growth.The system is very practical and easy to maintain, which means that everyone can learn how to use it.
2) You do not have to weed your plants! The way this system works, plants grow in beds that are placed high above the ground.
3) No need to water your plants!
4) Forget about the use and maintenance of hayforks, plow rakes … You do not need them anymore!
5) The Aquaponics system works in such a way that you do not have to fertilize your plants. Your fish are your fertilizer.
What’s in this offer?
Easy DIY Aquaponics comes with many functions.
1) You get the list of all the tools and parts you need to make this system, from the size of the material to the exact number of nails and screws you need.
2) Written guidelines and videos that show slowly and clearly how you can make this system.
3) It is clear that fish play an important role in this ecosystem. You receive free advice on which species of fish work best for this aquaponic system
4) 3D design of the system. That way you can get a clear idea of how to build this system and how it works.
5) Andrew understands that the happiness of his customer is the most important thing for him. Without satisfied customers no one will write good reviews and no one will buy this. This makes him available 24/7, ready to help everyone at any time!
Learn how you can easily make DIY Aquaponics Now and start growing organic and healthy natural food today!
Get Andrew’s Free Bonuses that complement this offer now.