Our Commitments to You
It is our policy to allow our customers to provide as much – or as little – personal information to us as they feel comfortable doing. As a customer of HIGH DESERT FARMING you:
- Control what personally identifiable information is collected
- Control what HIGH DESERT FARMING can do with personally identifiable information
- Have a guarantee of privacy
As a standard practice, the HIGH DESERT FARMING assigns a random number to each user for anonymously tracking content preferences and traffic patterns.
This random number lets us keep track of “how many” times customers are doing specific things – like visiting our site each month – without really knowing who those customers are. This random number is kept in a file on your computer called a “cookie.” Cookies, by themselves, cannot be used to determine the identity of any user: Unless you specifically tell us, HighDesertFarming.org will never know who you are.
You may, however, elect to tell us things that you want HIGH DESERT FARMING to remember. We hope that, like many of our customers, you will want to provide information about yourself to HIGH DESERT FARMING because it will make our Web site more valuable to you. If you are comfortable providing us with information about yourself, enhanced services are available to you that are impossible for us to offer to anonymous users.
The choice of how much personally identifiable information about yourself to disclose to HIGH DESERT FARMING is left completely up to you, our customer. But however you choose to interact with HighDesertFarming.org, you have our guarantee of privacy:
HighDesertFarming.org will never willfully disclose individually identifiable information about its customers to any party outside HIGH DESERT FARMING without first receiving that customer’s permission.
HighDesertFarming.org gathers information about our customers that allows us to offer compelling and easily accessible online content in a manner that provides personal privacy protection as well:
- Occasionally we ask you to provide us personal information such as your name, email address, or what your interests and hobbies are. You never have to answer these questions although this may limit what services we can offer you. For instance, we will not be able to offer you personalised stock portfolios if you don’t tell us what stocks you wish to track
- We catalog traffic patterns throughout the sites
- We use a feature of your browser called a “cookie” to assign a “User ID.” Cookies, by themselves, cannot be used to find out the identity of any user. Your HIGH DESERT FARMING User ID automatically identifies your computer – but not you – to our servers when you visit our site. Unless you specifically tell us, HIGH DESERT FARMING will never know who you are, even though we assign your computer a cookie
- Other companies that place advertising on our site also have the ability to assign a different cookie to you in a process that HIGH DESERT FARMING does not control. But since cookies aren’t useable for identifying individuals (you’ll be just a number to them), these advertisers will never know who you are – and HIGH DESERT FARMING will never tell them!
Use of the Information
HighDesertFarming.org is trying to always provide you with a compelling reason to come back and visit our site again:
- We use your personal information to provide personalised portions of our site that are intended to provide just the information you are interested in receiving. Some of these personalised services are made available directly by HighDesertFarming.org. In other instances it is our partners who provide these tailored services from outside HighDesertFarming.org
- We analyze what our customers like and don’t like about HIGH DESERT FARMING current offerings so that we can design better services
- We use information about what you are searching for to help focus the advertisements we present to you, hopefully to make them more valuable to you
- We develop summary – not individual – reports for our advertisers. An example of a summary report might be “12,000 people clicked on Advertisement “X” today and of those people, 35% had previously indicated they had an interest in sports.” The people that make it possible for you to use HIGH DESERT FARMING for free – our advertisers – need this information to determine how effective their advertising investments are. We never tell our advertisers who it was that saw or clicked on their advertisements unless you have specifically told us this is acceptable
- Occasionally we will send you email communications to provide information which we think you will find useful, including information about new products and services from HighDesertFarming.org. It is our policy only to send email to customers who give us permission to do so. In every such email, we will also have instructions on how to unsubscribe so that you will not receive any future emails from the HIGH DESERT FARMING if you do not wish to, or you can avoid receiving them altogether
The individually identifiable information that you provide will be used extensively within HIGH DESERT FARMING to provide a personalised experience to you. It will also be shared with our partners that provide some of the personalized content on our site and other third parties unrelated to offerings on HIGH DESERT FARMING. This information will only be shared if you have given your permission for this to occur. Our privacy guarantee to you remains unchanged:
HighDesertFarming.org will never willfully disclose individually identifiable information about any customer to any party outside HIGH DESERT FARMING without first receiving that customer’s permission.
Other companies that place advertising on our site may collect information about you when you view or click on their advertising or content. HighDesertFarming.org does not control this collection of information. You should contact these advertisers or content providers directly if you have any questions about their use of this information. Additionally, the HIGH DESERT FARMING does not control the information collection and distribution policies on sites outside HighDesertFarming.org, although we do encourage our co-branding partners to adopt privacy policies similar to this one.